Get a Taste of Athens Food Tour
Get a Taste of Athens Food Tour
Location: Downtown Athens
Duration: 4 hours. Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 09:30 am
Maximum No. of participants: 10
Language: English, Spanish, Greek
What about exploring the city through the ultimate food discovery experience? Discover the city at a relaxing pace with our local expert who will share your love for delicious dishes and tasty products. Indulge yourself into a culinary journey during which you will you’ll get to know the people who create the culinary story of the city. You will taste regional specialties, try the best street food and discover secret gastronomic gems.
1. This gastronomic adventure starts with a delicious Greek coffee and a delicacy while you enjoy the early morning vibe of the city and the view to Acropolis as you take the first sip. Travel through time as you get to know the history of one of the oldest coffee shops in Athens and find out everything you need to know about the Greek coffee. The place is as instagrammable as it gets, so grab your cameras and shoot some great photos as you have your relaxing morning coffee chat!
2. We are sure that you’ve heard a lot about morning snacks, but this one is definitely a newcomer in the Greek gastronomy. It is the most beloved healthy snack for Greeks coming with a special twist! The local culinary scene continues to evolve and we are thrilled to show you anything new! We'll keep this as a surprise but fear not... you will love it! Did we mention that you will keep having amazing views while you enjoy you morning snack? Don’t worry, we have you covered!
3. Keep exploring the most exciting flavors of Greece through a workshop where you will taste and learn more about some of the most delicious products of this country. This is also where the most vibrant part of the city is located, a year-round food oasis. Here you will feel the real pulse of the city, among food stalls, coffee shops, open-air markets and well-hidden tavernas. Let your senses guide you; this is the local food market where you will mingle with the locals and you will observe, smell and touch the best quality ingredients this city has to offer!
4. If you think you have experienced enough, wait until you stroll around the Spice street where you will find the best herbs that are collected from all over the Greek peninsula. So, next time you cook for your friends, don’t get surprised if they ask you about your secret ingredient! We are sure that by nowm smelling all these different ingredients has already stimulated your appetite. No worries! This is the moment to discover some of the best hidden tavernas, a real apocalypse even for locals. Feel that old time nostalgia as these places are about to eclipse nowadays and there are only a few of them left. You will taste typical Greek tapas (mezes) and drink wine or ouzo in a place that reminds an old black&white film set back in the '60s! This is as authentic as it gets! And remember… the more hungry you come, the better!
- Lots of delicious Greek food
- Visits to authentic local cafes and restaurants
- Some of the best hidden gems of the city
- The guidance of a world traveler and local expert guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Additional food, drinks or products you may want to buy during the activity
Meeting point: Monastiraki metro station (main exit)